Thursday, August 2, 2007

vir·tu·al adj.

-Existing in the mind, especially as a product of the imagination. Used in literary criticism of a text.


To post or not to post? My 1st Virtual run with fellow runners Jamie a.k.a. Thebullrunner.

It was an early morning rather way too early waking up at 4am, seems like waking up at 3am when compared to Manila. At first I was afraid I might be caught by the Malaysian police running the streets in the wee hours of the night. but then again I continued having in mind 'bahala na si batman'. It was a good start for me warming up 3 mins. before the start time. I ran just around my place route distance about 1.3km. per lap. Don't have those gadget thingy so I just do the math. Get my regular pace, the time I have made to complete a lap minus here , divide there and voilà!. During the run I was already picking up the pace around 3km when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my right knee. I just rest for a while stretch & walk then run again, but whenever I continue the pain is coming back so eventually I decided to stop. I just made roughly 4km. dissapointed and headed back to my place.


All in all I still enjoy the run inspite of the injury, It's a different running experience running together in harmony across the globe. with all the technology nowadays who would have thought that it was impossible to do. Thanks to the guys who'd made this possible E-rod & hitme from bullrunners blog. This run also serves as a dress rehearsal for me for the upcoming WorldWideHalf, more audience & longer distance. So I'm extending my invite to Jamie & friends & fellow runners out there. Till then I'll be seeing you "Virtually" (minus the injury of course) on the next run.


My time 26min & 53, distance a lame 4km. with a pace of 6:43min/km.


3 comments:

  1. hey, trf. glad you could join us on this run. sorry about the injury. let it rest and recover, and we'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi e-rod,

    Thanks, Yup just keep me posted on your next run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ease up a bit mate! Hope you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete