Saturday, August 4, 2007

KOTR Race Collection @ Sunway Pyramid

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." ...Darrell Royal


I arrive at sunway early this morning to pick up my race kit for tomorrow’s race. It’s the Adidas King of the Road 2007 it will be held at Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya. The start & finishing point is right beside Sunway Pyramid. It’s a shopping mall shaped liked a pyramid & next to it is Sunway Lagoon a theme park with a resort, inside you’ll find man made beaches to unwind yourself. Once inside I Immediately headed to the race collection booth, getting my race things was easy as there are still few people collecting at the place that time. Shortly after I hand over my collection card I was able to get my official Adidas vest. The theme color for this event is yellow.



Runaholic? 4th person to register for the 21km. Men’s open.


KOTR Route Map - A New Route, A New Experience

After getting my race stuff I stayed for a while to tour the place, since it’s my first time to come here. I take some couple of photo shots from the mall’s balcony; from here you can see Sunway Lagoon in full view. I also managed to check the starting point outside Sunway Pyramid there are people already setting up, finally after some touring I decided to head back to my place.



View of Sunway Lagoon


Sunway Lagoon from Afar. ahh what a nice view it's nice to soak my legs in one of those beaches after the race tomorrow :) . Although it’s quite tempting to go inside, luckily I manage to control myself hehehe. I heard entrance fee is 40RM (520Php), quite expensive in the pocket. I'm planning to go back here some other time.



While touring I had to stop for a while to have some Carbo-loading for the race tomorrow. ...love ko to!!


Sunway Lagoon


A Lion monument stands on guard outside Sunway Pyramid Mall. This will be start & finish line of the race.


My Race kit

My Adizero - after 2 marathons, 1 21K, 3 10K’s & 1 15K can my shoes still do the job & propel me in the road?


Energy gooeys to power me up along the way. 2 of these should be enough.


My Adidas red vest from KL Int'l Marathon


Instead of wearing the yellow vest above I plan to wear my red Adidas vest . This is also the vest I'm wearing when I got my new PR for half-marathon in Ipoh International Run last July. I finished at 2hr 1min & 20s sort of a lucky vest for me.


All is ready in place. I checked my right knee and hopefully I won’t encounter that injury again from last virtual run. I’m sure it’s going to be a great race tomorrow. I just hope we don’t see any mummies running around to spoil the fun. So see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment